Tuesday, May 11, 2010

What a sweet little smart *ss boy!

I've always wanted a birthstone ring...always. But alas, my birthstone happens to be one of the rarest and most expensive of stones: Alexandrite. And I refuse to purchase the cheap man-made stone that is pink/purple instead of red/green.

On Mother's Day I was telling my kids that they could all save up and give me a birthstone mother's ring someday. They asked me how much it was and I told them that single carat stones can be close to $10K. My girls gasped. My son however just smiled and sweetly said, "You already have a birthstone ring, Mom." Ummm, no I don't. "Yes you do." Nope, pretty sure I don't. "Yes you do, (puts hand over my heart) it's right here in your heart." Then he giggles profusely.

He thinks he is so funny.

No comments: